All abstracts that cover PRRS, PCVAD or PED will be presented as posters. Selected abstracts may be chosen for a special oral presentation. Abstracts are due to Rebecca Eaves by October 31, 2014.
Abstracts are submitted to one of the following subject areas:
1) Virus transmission, biosecurity and area control
2) Host response to infection, including host genetics and innate/adaptive immunity
3) Vaccination strategies and therapeutics
4) Detection, diagnostics and surveillance
5) Virus structure and gene function**All Abstracts must be submitted through email to Rebecca Eaves at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the abstract submission form. Do not fax or land mail abstracts.**
Click here for the Abstract Submission Form
See instructions below. All abstracts are published and made public through the meeting website and other venues. A meeting program and abstracts will be compiled and posted on-line at the meeting website as well as distributed to registered meeting participants at the beginning of the conference.Abstract Submission Instructions:
- Abstracts are formatted using single space, 12 pt font, Times New Roman and submitted as a Word document.
- Abstracts should be a maximum of one page
(8.5" x 11") with one inch margins. Do not put a border around the text area. Do not type abstract in a "text box".
- The title should be followed first by the authors, and then author affiliations. Use the following format:
Your Abstract Title
J.K. Lunney1*, R. Eaves2, R. Rowland2, L. Becton3.
1USDA, ARS, BARC, ANRI, APDL, Beltsville, MD, 2Department of Diagnostic Medicine & Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS,3National Pork Board, Des Moines, IA.
Abstract text ….
- The title is not underlined, bold, or italic (with the exception of scientific words), nor entirely in upper case
- Designate with an asterisk (use only an asterisk) the person who is presenting at the meeting.
- Abstracts should be informative, containing: a) a short statement of the study’s specific objective, b) a brief statement of
methods, c) a summary of the results, and d) a statement of the conclusions.
- Abstracts should not
contain figures or references. Black and white tables are allowed.
- Italicize only scientific words. Do not use special symbols
, such as α, β, γ, etc. For example interferon-α should be written
as interferon-alpha.Special Instructions:
Save the abstract file with the last name of the presenting author and first letter of the first name, for example - EavesR. If submitting more than one abstract, put consecutive numbers after the name, for example - EavesR2, EavesR3, etc.
Posters will be presented during a reception Friday evening. It is expected that all poster presenters will be available to discuss their research. Poster size is 4 feet wide (121 cm) and 4 feet (121 cm) high.