Job Opportunity - The Kansas Veterinary Medical Association (KVMA), a professional organization supporting Kansas veterinarians, is currently seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for providing overall administration and management of the KVMA and its staff in both programmatic and financial areas either personally or through the KVMA staff and committees. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a business or agriculture related field and at least five years experience in the veterinarian industry or in association management. Click here for a full job description. Interested applicants can mail or email their cover letter, resume and references to: Midwest Management Solutions, Attn: Tom Tunnell, 816 SW Tyler, Topeka, KS 66612, email@example.com.
The KVMA promotes the advancement of its members and the veterinary profession.
The Kansas Veterinary Medical Association is a not-for-profit membership association formed in 1904 and headquartered in Topeka, Kansas. Current membership is comprised of approximately 600 Kansas and 350 out of state veterinarians.
The Kansas Veterinary Medical Association is a professional organization supporting Kansas veterinarians. Areas of emphasis include legislation, education, ethical behavior, and public awareness. The KVMA strives to improve both animal and public health and welfare. The KVMA aims to enhance the quality of veterinary care and improve the economic plight of the veterinarian by providing high quality continuing education and promoting outstanding mentor relationships for new and future veterinarians as well as cultivating the role of trained veterinary para-professionals. The KVMA promotes the diversity of the profession by valuing the wide range of career opportunities available in veterinary medicine.
KVMA Strategic Objectives
- To assure the availability of quality and challenging CE opportunities that will enhance veterinarians' knowledge, skill, and personal and financial well being.
- To elevate public awareness of veterinarians roles in animal and human health.
- To monitor, develop, advocate, and communicate specific legislative and regulatory positions.
- To promote professional and ethical behavior within the profession.
- To identify networking opportunities which improve communication and promote cooperation within and between all veterinary career paths.
- To investigate ways to expand the roles that para-professionals play in veterinary practice that assure delivery of the highest possible level of care.
- To promote membership expansion and loyalty through member services at the state, district, and work place level that will make every Kansas veterinarian proud to be a KVMA member.
KVMA's 18 member Executive Board sets the policy and vision for the Association and is fiscally responsible for its actions.
April 11, 2013 Board Minutes
The KVMA staff is responsible for the daily operations of the Association. It implements KVMA's vision and mission and acts as a resource of support and information for its members.