Who is KVMA?
The Kansas Veterinary Medical Association (KVMA) is the only statewide professional membership organization dedicated exclusively to the profession of veterinary medicine and the interests of the veterinary team. Formed in 1904, the KVMA is headquartered in Topeka, Kansas.
To lead, advocate and promote the veterinary profession by supporting animal and human health.
- Advocacy - Positioned as the voice of the Kansas veterinary profession
- Veterinary Success - Promoting member success throughout their careers
- Professional Development - Facilitating career-long professional development and the delivery of practical information
- Public Awareness - Promoting the value and role of the veterinary profession
- KVMA Strength - Leading a dynamic state association integrated with the AVMA
The Veterinarian's Oath
Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of livestock resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge. I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics. I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.