The Kansas Humane Society offers surgical experience. Click here
to learn more.
- American Association of Avian Pathologists is a national organization for veterinary practitioners, diagnosticians, researchers, and students interested in poultry health and medicine.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners is a professional organization of veterinarians who share an interest in providing excellence in the care and treatment of cats.
- The American Animal Hospital Association is an association of members who primarily treat companion animals, or pets.
- American Association of Veterinary Clinicians is an organization of veterinary clinicians who are engaged in teaching and/or research at the professional, graduate or postgraduate level. This includes faculty in clinical departments at veterinary schools and colleges and practices and institutions involved in the education of veterinarians in internships and residencies.
- Association of Avian Veterinarians promotes avian medicine and stewardship.
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges coordinates the national and international affairs of all veterinary medical colleges in the United States and Canada, eight departments of veterinary science, eight departments of comparative medicine, two animal medical centers, and three international colleges of veterinary medicine. They foster the teaching, research and service activities of their members, both nationally and internationally.
- American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioners promotes the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge, ideas, and information among veterinarians and veterinary students having an interest in laboratory animal practice. The Society does so for the benefit of laboratory animals, other animals, and society in general.
- American Veterinary Medical Association established in 1863, is a not-for-profit association representing more than 69,000 veterinarians working in private and corporate practice, government, industry, academia, and uniformed services. Structured to work for its members, the AVMA acts as a collective voice for its membership and for the profession.
- American Veterinary Medical Law Association is a national association of attorneys, veterinarians, and other individuals and organizations with an interest in veterinary medical law and how it pertains to the veterinary profession and allied fields.
- Kansas City Veterinary Medical Association
- Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine established in 1905 the college's nationally recognized instructional and research programs provide the highest standards of professional education.
KSU Animal Science and Industry
- Links to issues of Veterinary Quartlerly
KSU CVM DMP
- Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine's Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology is a full service department that helps train tomorrows veterinarians and scientists, provides diagnostic service to the state and the nation, and conducts research on disease in animals and humans. They are proud of their commitments to diversity in teaching, research and service missions.
- Kansas Board of Veterinary Examiners is Kansas' state licensing board that promotes public health, safety, and welfare relative to the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Kansas Veterinary Technicians Association is a network of vet tech professionals that can provide support for one another.
- National Association of Federal Veterinarians is recognized as the representative organization for veterinarians employed by the federal government.
- National Commission on Veterinary Economic Issues is dedicated to helping you deliver better patient care by providing you results-driven, interactive economic tools.
- Student American Veterinary Medical Association is the student chapters of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association at Kansas State University, is the local chapter of SAVMA, the Student American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Society for Theriogenology is dedicated to furthering advances in the science and practice of animal reproduction. Their members are veterinarians and veterinary students with a special interest in the reproduction of all domestic species.
- U.S. Schools and Colleges of Veterinary Medicine that are accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- United States Animal Health Association is a science-based, non-profit, voluntary organization. Its 1,400 members are state and federal animal health officials, national allied organizations, regional representatives, and individual members. USAHA works with state and federal governments, universities, veterinarians, livestock producers, national livestock and poultry organizations, research scientists, the extension service and seven foreign countries to control livestock diseases in the United States. USAHA represents all 50 states, 7 foreign countries and 18 allied groups serving health, technical and consumer markets.
- Veterinary Specialty Organizations are where veterinarians go to complete the process of board certification in an AVMA-recognized veterinary specialty organization (ie, board or college).